Gun operation and programming
The CDT unit fitted to the MK4 and Air Wolf has many advanced features:
- Rechargeable battery - up to 5,000 shot capacity
- Auto-off feature if gun is left unattended
- User set shot counter with automatic reminder
- Double shot eliminator for light trigger settings
- User set power adjustment
- User set magazine capacity counter and pre-warning
- User set on/off safety warning light
- Single shot mode
- Key operated isolating switch
- Low operating current in FIRE condition
- Settings remain set even if the battery is allowed to drain
Gun Operation and Programming
The features of the gun and the associated programming of these items are described below.
The gun is designed with a safety interlock that will not allow it to fire with the trigger pulled when switching the safety switch to FIRE to arm the gun. This safety feature also allows the user to enter the programming mode of the gun.
The gun is fitted with an auto-safe feature that will switch the gun off if the safety switch is left in the FIRE position for over 15 minutes after the last shot fired. The gun will beep and flash six times to indicate the rifle has switched off. This is simply reset by switching the safety switch to SAFE then to FIRE, ready for firing.
Double Shot Eliminator
On some occasions when the trigger is set to a very light pull, the trigger can be operated again inadvertently when releasing the trigger. Because the action requires no cocking, multiple "dry" discharges can result. To eliminate this effect the trigger has to be released for a quarter of a second before it will fire again.